Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Why do we do it?

Hey all...here's a question I've been asked millions of times. Why do I do it? Cartooning , for me is a release. Plain and simple. I think that when I first began to draw toons, it wasn't so much a plan to be rich or famous as it was a way to escape life for a while. When I toon, it offers a way to create or dictate a world with a cast of characters I want doing what I want them to do. A way to let go of the restrictions real life puts on me. When I toon, I owe nobody anything. I'm not paying taxes or bills. I'm not buying things I do not need, mediating in any arguments,or worrying too terribly much about whose feelings I've bruised. In essense....it's MY world and I do as I damn well please. That's cartooning for me. Anything that comes from that as a result is cake. Se ya'll later

No comments: